Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Universal Device service AD Connections

Hi, I have successfully installed the Universal Device service but am having trouble adding users from the directory. I think I may have two issues

1) In the documentation for the AD settings it says add in the hostname Or IP Address as “LDAP://server_name>”

but on the AD settings on the UDS it says the URL - does it mean the same thing? Or should I be adding a URL there? If so what is the format for the URL

2) All of our email accounts sit in a single domain but that acts as a service domain for other trusted domains. Therefore each user in the email domain is disabled. Should UDS still find the users?

Many thanks

Matt

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 02

Re: Universal Device service AD Connections

Matt,

The format of the Directory URL is LDAP://

For example....

Username: mydomain\me

Password: %mypassword%

Directory URL: LDAP://mydc.mydomain

You should then be able to go to create user and search your directory.  That is definately the correct format, i have just checked my configuration.

Ta

Paul

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Use LDAP://servername:3268 if using a Global Catalog, good if GC is in root domain and you have many child domains.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: vodafone

Adding a user, selecting "Directory", filling in a name, clickin on search and get this error:"The system encountered an error and could not search the user directory"

I waited more than 1 hour. anyone knows which log i should check to find what's going wrong?

thanks

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z30/Z10/Z10LE/Q10/PlayBook

I am having the same problems. I am getting a "error occured and the resquested action could not be completed" when I click on the "Test" button.

domain\me

%password%

LDAP:\\server

server is a Windows 2008 R2

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

UDS will assume port 389 if you don't specify a port. You can see more information about what is failing in the Core log.