Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9360
My Carrier: alltel
Accepted Solution

Unlocking Device forgot password last attempt!! Help!!

I just got my  blackberry, set the password so when I lock the keypad you have to type in the password.  It was set so you only get 10 attempts to type in the password.  My fiance tried accessing my device and tried 9 times.  Know I am not quite sure of my correct password and if I fail or get the password wrong on the 10th attempt it says it will erase all information from my device.  I want to know what the exact result of this is?  Will my device basically shut down and I will not be able to use it and lose all my information permanently?  Or is there is any number I can call to get my device unlocked remotely?  Some one please help I want to use my phone.

Contributor
My Device: 8900 CURVE
My Carrier: Optus Wireless PTY

Re: Unlocking Device forgot password last attempt!! Help!!

If you enter it wrong for the last time, it will ask you to key in the word 'blackberry' and it will completely wipe out all your information on the blackberry. the phone will be accessible afterwards, just any data you have input to the device will not be present.

Make sure you enter the password correctly!

Kind regards,
Roger W

Don't forget to give me kudos!!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BESAdmin can reset the password from the BES server.

If not on BES remember that it is not a PIN number and possibly text, you have to hold alt key for a number.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9000
My Carrier: at&t

I see a an incoming bbim on my locked keyboard bold 9000. If. I put in the incorrect 10th password Will it delete all messages sent to me? U said will delete all info put in the phone. I am assuming that all incoming infor tied to my input infor will also be deleted. Am I wrong
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

all will be gone on last attempt

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC and make sure no caps lock is on or alt key stuck.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

BES is not with AT&T, it is installed at your company on a server.

if this does not make sense to you, youmight not be on BES at all and just use a personal plan.

New Contributor

It is a company server. This now makes since
New Contributor

Pulling battery did not work. :-( appears I will have to start over. Back up will be regular in the future
New Contributor

Back up back up back up. Its sux when you must start over with so many contacts and to send invites again to the bbim folks.
New Contributor

Please be sure to like my post need the points:-)