Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Unused trade-up program CALs "lost" on 12/31?

Hello

We are a tad confused and also a little concerned with the policies Blackberry has surrounding the Ready program. First, some clarification would be great surrounding this verbage in the policy:

• Upon termination of the Program Period, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server licenses which have been utilized (i.e. activated BlackBerry® 10 devices) during the Program Period will no longer be available for future use. Any unused quantities of BlackBerry Enterprise Server licenses which have not been utilized during the Program Period will continue to be available for current or future use at the end of this Migration program.

From what I've gathered from these forums, any CALs that were traded up to 10.1.1 are only temporary and will expire on 12/31/13. At this time, Blackberry will re-issue permanent CALs to me, however, I only get CALs for the number of actual Blackberry 10 devices that are activated? And we simply "lose" the remaining CALs that are not used with an activated Blackberry? This seems to contradict the bolded statement above.

We had 150 BES 5 Enterprise CALs which I used to trade up to 10.0. I just now traded them up again to 10.1.1. Our company is going throug a trial/research phase to determine the best mobile solution going forward. We may not be done our research/RFP process by December 31 2013. We may in fact only have a handful of Blackberry 10 devices activated. If it's true we'll be losing upwards of 120-130 CALs simply because we are still in an evaluation phase, that will certainly not sit well with the decision makers that are in Blackberry's corner.

I hope I am just reading this wrong; any clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Re: Unused trade-up program CALs "lost" on 12/31?

Hello squishmike,

Thank you for your question regarding Unused  Trade Up CALs.

You are correct. What will happen is that all the activated CALs that are in use on December 31, 2013 will be converted to new full ones. For any of the CALs that are not being used a new BES 5 CAL for the remaining that were never used will be issued to you.

If you are still needing more trial CALs after this program ends we should be able to help you when that time comes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!