Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Upgrade BDS 10.1 -> 10.1

[ Edited ]

Hi @al,

i am trying to upgrade my BDS 10.0 installation to 10.1.

When starting setup.exe it fails with an error saying "BlackBerry Management Studio has to be removed first". The Management Studio was installed but removed before starting the upgrade. The following error is entered in the install.log: [CBES10Prod::IdentifyProductCompatibility]: Not allow to upgrade from BlackBerry Management Studio

The update of the database as described in the manual was done correctly...

What can i do? Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

comomap

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Upgrade BDS 10.1 -> 10.1

You need to uninstall 10.0's version of Studio first.  10.1 will install a new version of it.

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

The Management Studio IS uninstalled...!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Optus

I had the same issue.  Management Studio is uninstalled, but still cannot install 10.1

I had to clean uninstall the entire BES 10.0 system, using the instructions for BES 5.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB04096&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Then I could install BES 10.1.  But I've now run into other problems.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I had this same issue and it had me pounding my head against the wall.  I fixed it by going to the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Service\Setup

and modifying the Reg String "TCUpgrade" to remove the section that started with "Fuse" (not FuseCfg.)  Remove the entire entry between semi-colons.  

You can verify the correct section by matching the product code in the failed Installer log to the registry entry.  Look for a line in the Installer log that says:

CTCUpgradeFromBDS_UDSComp:Smiley Very HappyoesOldMsiCompsExist: Detected Management Studio component was on the system. Product code [{02084653-B6F5-4503-8910-0F2D6CBCFD16}].

The long Product Code in brackets will match the "Fuse" entry in the registry string.  At least it did in mine.