Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Optus

Upgrade to BES5, MDS Services removal problem

[ Edited ]

I am part way through a project to update a clients BES system from 4.1.6 to BES v5.0.3  for Exchange 2007. 

I have updated the current system to 4.1.7 as per the v5 prerequisites. Last week, I attempted to install v5 on a new server using a migration kit. After providing the SQL connection details, an error message was displayed stating that the MDS services on the current system must be removed prior to the installation. 

KB12429 details the steps on removing MDS. I have followed these steps, but receive the error shown in the KB article:

The KB article does not describe what to do if this error is received. I did find a few forum posts describing how to manually remove MDS by editing a SQL table, but removing this did not change the message on the BES 5 installer. 

The install logs show the following:

[30000] (07/19 11:11:33.832):{0x13C8} <3>Jul 19 11:11:33 AUKISASRV150  {0x1724} 1840: (#10000) [PIPTOOL]: 1. The setup application found the BlackBerry MDS Integration Service on the following computers in the BlackBerry Domain: AUKBNESRV110
Before you can continue the current upgrade process, you must uninstall the BlackBerry MDS Integration Service. For more information, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Upgrade Guide.

The upgrade planning guide does not help as it only states MDS must be removed, not the actual steps required to remove it.