Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Orange

VPN Profile problem: Cannot select Client Certificate on device (empty list)

I have a VPN profile that I have creates that is not working. I am using BES 10.1 with BlackBerry Q10 and z10 models running OS 10.1.

The VPN profile is such: I have allowed the VPN settings to be 'visible', the user can edit 'credentials only' and the Trusted certificate source is 'trusted certificate store'. The rest of the details are per my VPN config.

My CA cert is installed and has no problems.

My User cert is giving me problems. I have copied this certificate to the device over USB and imported it as a 'Work client' 'VPN' certificate.

When I try to connect to the VPN profile, I get the error message: 'unable to connect to VPN profile: Unknown Error'.

When I edit the VPN settings, I can see that the CA Certificate list contains my CA, but the Client Certificate list is empty. If I try to connect from this 'edit VPN' screen, the error says that the Client Certificate 'field is required'.

How can I get my certificate to appear in this list?

I can configure the VPN manually. When I create a new VPN connection I fill in detail identical to my profile, and I can select my CA certificate and the Client Certificate list has the correct certificate in it. This connection works, but is not recognised as an enterprise VPN connection by the system.

Any ideas?