05-11-2009 10:57 AM - edited 05-11-2009 11:43 AM
I upgraded our BES over the weekend to 5.0. Everything went fine, and all the Blackbery's are working correctly.
I can access all of the Web Console when logged directly on to the server, but when i'm logged into any other computer on the domain all I get is a Page Cannot be Displayed error.
All Blackberry services are running on a virtual 2008 x64 machine, with the configuration db on a remote SQL 2005 x64 machine using the default static port.
Edit: I did just come across this. On the very last page of the Installation guide, it says that the BB Admin Service pool name is the same as the FQDN of the computer hosting the BES and that that shouldn't be the case.
If I create a DNS entry for this, and change this on the Administration Service - High Availability tab in the Configuration manager is it going to break any part of the installation? Is this all I should need to do to fix the error?
05-11-2009 01:48 PM
05-11-2009 01:56 PM - edited 05-11-2009 01:57 PM
All services are running.
I cannot connect to any of the Web Console's via IP address either (I tried IP, FQDN, and Computer Name, all return the same error). Remember, this is only remotely, it works fine when doing this from the server.
My question about making the changes in the Config Manager is that I did not specify this during installation. If I make this change, will I experience any downtime at all? If so, I obviously need to try this change at night. Do I need to update this setting anywhere else also?
05-11-2009 01:57 PM
05-11-2009 02:02 PM
05-11-2009 02:18 PM
05-11-2009 03:22 PM
All ActiveX controls are set to enabled, and all scripting items.
I have tried this from:
Windows 7 RC x64 with IE8 and all Intranet and Internet ActiveX controls set to enabled
Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 (DC, GC for our domain, it pushes all IE GPO's to all workstations and servers, including our BES).
Windows Vista Business SP1 x86 with IE7, default IE settings being pushed from GPO.
Windows Server 2000 SP4 with IE6, non-domain server, all Intranet and Internet ActiveX controls set to enabled.
Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 (the sql server that hosts the config db) with IE7, default IE settings from GPO.
Windows Vista Business SP1 x86, non-domain computer, default IE7 settings from Microsoft.
Windows XP SP3 with IE7, default IE settings from GPO, and all Intranet and Internet ActiveX controls set to enabled.
On each of these I tried by IP, FQDN, and computer name.
The Windows Firewall is turned off on the BES.
I doubt this is an issue at the client side.
05-11-2009 03:26 PM
04-15-2011 08:57 AM
Wow. So it appears that having Windows Firewall turned off isn't enough. Even though the service was disabled, it was still blocking incoming requests on port 80/443. Once I created the rule for both of them inside Windows firewall all started working.
Open the port on server TCP / UDP 3443 and it will work.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
04-15-2011 01:10 PM
please dont necro old threads
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V