Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Web Console's only available on server

[ Edited ]

I upgraded our BES over the weekend to 5.0. Everything went fine, and all the Blackbery's are working correctly.

I can access all of the Web Console when logged directly on to the server, but when i'm logged into any other computer on the domain all I get is a Page Cannot be Displayed error.

All Blackberry services are running on a virtual 2008 x64 machine, with the configuration db on a remote SQL 2005 x64 machine using the default static port.

Edit: I did just come across this. On the very last page of the Installation guide, it says that the BB Admin Service pool name is the same as the FQDN of the computer hosting the BES and that that shouldn't be the case.

If I create a DNS entry for this, and change this on the Administration Service - High Availability tab in the Configuration manager is it going to break any part of the installation? Is this all I should need to do to fix the error?

Message Edited by mddoyle on 05-11-2009 08:43 AM
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Web Console's only available on server

If the services are running, you should just be able open the FQDN or the ip address of the server that is running the bes 5.0 instance. Are all the services running? Your change in DNS should also help resolve the issue.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

All services are running.

I cannot connect to any of the Web Console's via IP address either (I tried IP, FQDN, and Computer Name, all return the same error). Remember, this is only remotely, it works fine when doing this from the server.

My question about making the changes in the Config Manager is that I did not specify this during installation. If I make this change, will I experience any downtime at all? If so, I obviously need to try this change at night. Do I need to update this setting anywhere else also?

Message Edited by mddoyle on 05-11-2009 10:57 AM
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

To troubleshoot issues with the BAS webconsole, you first need to understand that:-

(1) it is a SSL website (https i.e.)
(2) it requires that you install the SSL certificate + a set of ActiveX components from RIM when you are prompt for the first time when you access it on a web client like the Internet Explorer.

For you to realize No. (1), you need to pass No. (2) first. To complete No. (2), your browser needs to allow downloading of script files and ActiveX prompt for components installation. If you are not web savvy, my suggestion would be to enable all ActiveX items and script downloading options for your Internet Explorer under Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Levels for Internet and Local Intranet.

Also check if your computer has "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" installed. Remove it as per this link: Disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration. Don't care about your browser security craps first, you can revisit them later. Anyway, it does more to lose your productivity instead of securing, you got lots of minor attacks on a daily basis anyway.

Once if above are cleared, the issues can be pretty much narrow down to some environment issues like another web server contenting with the default port 443 the BAS is using or your computer for BES has 2 NIC and hence 2 ip addresses and hence caused name resolution issues, wrong assignment of SQL static/dynamic ports, incorrect DNS record for the BES pool name and hence incorrect resolution issues etc etc... All these can be found by looking at the KB18185 which it consolidates all issues surrounding the page could not be found error:-

Article Title: BlackBerry Administration Service - Application Server service does not stay running or 'Page cannot be found' is presented when contacting the BlackBerry Administration Service web console
Article Number: KB18185
Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18185 

I saw this same post in the other thread talking about having issues with the Web Console. I've already looked through that and none of those are my issues. And I have no errors in my BBAS-AS logs.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

There is no reason why the webconsole can be accessed on your BES and not on your remote browser client. Double check your browser settings, enable all ActiveX items and ensure enable all scripting items too under Security for Internet and Intranet.

All ActiveX controls are set to enabled, and all scripting items.

I have tried this from:

Windows 7 RC x64 with IE8 and all Intranet and Internet ActiveX controls set to enabled

Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 (DC, GC for our domain, it pushes all IE GPO's to all workstations and servers, including our BES).

Windows Vista Business SP1 x86 with IE7, default IE settings being pushed from GPO.

Windows Server 2000 SP4 with IE6, non-domain server, all Intranet and Internet ActiveX controls set to enabled.

Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 (the sql server that hosts the config db) with IE7, default IE settings from GPO.

Windows Vista Business SP1 x86, non-domain computer, default IE7 settings from Microsoft. 

Windows XP SP3 with IE7, default IE settings from GPO, and all Intranet and Internet ActiveX controls set to enabled.

On each of these I tried by IP, FQDN, and computer name.

The Windows Firewall is turned off on the BES.

I doubt this is an issue at the client side.

Contributor

Wow. So it appears that having Windows Firewall turned off isn't enough. Even though the service was disabled, it was still blocking incoming requests on port 80/443. Once I created the rule for both of them inside Windows firewall all started working.
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

mddoyle wrote:
Wow. So it appears that having Windows Firewall turned off isn't enough. Even though the service was disabled, it was still blocking incoming requests on port 80/443. Once I created the rule for both of them inside Windows firewall all started working.

Open the port on server TCP / UDP 3443 and it will work.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please dont necro old threads

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V