Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Web Desktop Activation only works after BES server reboot

Hi,

We are about to get 200 new devices that will all need to be activated, however for the last few months we have only been able to activate a Blackberry after first rebooting the BES server. 

Otherwise we get the error in the Web Desktop Manager: Blackberry Web Desktop Manager is unable to complete this action, please contact your Administrator.

Reboot server and it works again.

Using 5.0.1.4

Any ideas?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Web Desktop Activation only works after BES server reboot

Upgrade to seevice paxk 3, there are 2 years worth of updates you are missing.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Curve

Update worked thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Your welcome.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: Vlackberry 9970

We've got the problem back again. We thought the upgrade had worked because we could set-up 2 blackberrys in a row but the error has come back again.

The error we have is described in the blackberry article @ btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20015

I've gone through the checklist and everything checks out ok. Again after a reboot it fixes the problem allowing you to only set-up one blackberry before we get the error again.

Any suggestions?

Guru III
My Device:

are you loggin in on the server or a PC on the network?

using FQDN or IP?

New Contributor
My Device: Vlackberry 9970

We're logging on a PC on the network using the FQDN.