Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

When adding new contact in WORK space default option set to PERSONAL.

Anyone else notice this behavior, common sense would say if I was in th WORK space and hit add contact the default would be save the contact in the WORK space, but it defaults to personal. This is confusing our users to say the least and creating a lot of calls regarding contacts not syncing.

Anyone else having this issue? Is it fixed in 10.1 server update?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: When adding new contact in WORK space default option set to PERSONAL.

Hello nhealey:

Thank you for your question.

Can you confirm that when you enter the work space on the BlackBerry 10, select contacts, select add a contact, that you have the option available to create the contact in a work or personal perimeter?

When selecting to add a contact, the options on the top of the screen will appear as;

Cancel                                                 Save

New Contact

Personal                                               Work

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

BlackBerry Documents

BlackBerry Knowledgebase

MAD-VIKING
Contributor

Yes, I can create new contacts in both perimeter's, however the default in both is saving contact under personal. Is this normal?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello nhealey:

This is currently by design; contacts created in either perimeter can be viewed in the other.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

BlackBerry Documents

BlackBerry Knowledgebase

MAD-VIKING
Contributor

OK, I understand that both can be viewed in either perimeter, which makes sense.

However to me, and all other people I've spoken to believe it would make sense if the default option in each perimeter would be the perimeter you are in when creating the contact.
IE. Personal perimeter = personal contact default.
Work Perimter = work contact default.

I don't mean to rant and I know you are just trying to help, and thanks for you input. But this does seem more like a oversight than by design.
Highlighted
My Carrier: Telus

Just throwing in my two cents...  The main issue here (especially for BES10 users) is that these are "work" phones.  When using BES/Active Sync to sync contacts with your outlook, contacts added in your phone to the Personal side do NOT update your outlook contacts.  In order to add a contact to your outlook contacts the contacts need to be added to the work space of the phone.  It seems like a design flaw to have a user on their work side, add a contact and have it save to your personal side.  It would be extra nice if there was an option to change the default save location for contacts so regardless whether you are on the personal or work side, contacts added are saved in the default location the end user has selected.  It would be even better if this option could be set from BES.