Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Windows Authentication & BAS

I had the same problem. Uninstall an reinstall was needed to get ik working again. After I changed the LDAP properties it failed again. Then I found this: Unable to administer the BlackBerry Administration Service after using the BlackBerry Server Configu...

It worked for me.

Regular Contributor

I have a root domain, and then a normal domain which contains everything.  I looked at that KB article referncing the BAS configuration tabs however that dosn't appear to aply to my situation because after I performed a complete reinstall I did not change a thing and still couldn't use windows authentication.
Contributor

Did you uninstall first?
Regular Contributor

Yes, I uninstalled the prior install first.

I thought I read someplace that RIM has been running this version for over a year.  If that's the case I find it hard to believe they didn't run into this before, and fix it before they released version 5.0. 

Retired

This issue has been identified by Research In Motion support team and is being actively investigating for root cause, workaround/possible fix.

We will update the post with the KB article as soon as we have updates.

New Contributor

Open a ticket with RIM, this is a known issue and has to do with the way your BES code is looking for A records in your domain.  I too have the issue.  RIM needs to address this in the code.     Temporary solution has been to use BAS accounts, which is one of my gating issues with 5.0 and why its only in my test production environment and not deployed through out the org yet.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice; I'll do that. 

I had the same problem. Fresh install, ran through the install without any problems but couldn't log into the admin service. BBAS logs contain messages that say "getAuthenticationCredentialsLocal stored password could not be decrypted" and "javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException: Input length must be multiple of 8 when decrypting with padded cipher".

Checked http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18161, but that wasn't the case. My SQL Server contained the same output as the basUtility tool. BUT... the length of that output wasn't a multiple of 8 and it started with a 'minus' sign (which I thought was weird). After messing with this for many hourse, I think I may have found what the deal is: the password encryption that's used doesn't deal with all passwords properly.

Run the basUtility tool as explained in KB18161 (just do step 1 and step 2) and look at the output. If it's not a multiple of 8 characters, the password you used isn't going to work. Try a different password until you come up with something that generates a multiple of 8 characters and doesn't start with a 'minus' sign. Now do the rest of the steps in KB1861.

If you're using the same account to run the Windows services (control panel - administrative tools - services), make sure you update the credential there to match.

This works for me, it may help someone else.

Peter

PS: RIM, I cannot believe this actually passed testing!

New Contributor

my problem is i cannot login either with windows auth or as admin!  everything is working though....
Regular Contributor

I opened a case with RIM, and it's now been at least 3 days or so and they don't have a clue what the problem is.