Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Z10 Internal ActiveSync Access / BDS 6.2.0.36

Hi,

Our organizastion have two messaging platforms, both exchange and domino. Primary one is Domino, and lotus traveler is installed.

We have created emailprofiles, activating z10s, and they receive domino mails everything is fine with single account.

However, there is a second platform, MS Exchange, which hosts a second domain for a couple of users. (Thats a legal issue, we have to seperate them both logically and physically). The exchange is not published to the internet.

What we try to accomplish is, accessing the exchange server through MDS and receive email and PIN. If we publish the exchange to the internet, everything works fine. But thats not acceptable at the moment.

I'm using Settings-> Accounts-> Advanced -> microsoft exchange activesync. I'm filling the required information with internal FQDNs and credentials. I'm sure the credentials are valid (it works if we publish to internet and use external FQDNs). But the error is server is not responding. I'm checking exchange server's logs and there is no connection attemp.

Do you guys have any information how can I force ActiveSync account to use MDS (or dispatcher? i dont know really). I've modified it policy to allow personal apps to use work network (it was already default) with no luck.

MDS settings are configured as http://.* and https://.* DIRECT.

When I try to add second work account, it deletes the old one, so I guess I cant have more than 1 work account.

I really appreciate any help.

Best regards

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Z10 Internal ActiveSync Access / BDS 6.2.0.36

Your personal Mail accounts will not connect via your MDS, no matter what you configure in the policy. BDS is designed for 1 device = 1 mailprofile.
Currently i do not see a change to access your second mailprofile when you are not opening the exchange server for external connections (that is not a recommendation to do so!).
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your reply.

I will change my way to have a solution through vpn or something reverse proxy etc.

Best regards.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

If you have a VPN Gateway already (pretty sure you have) give that a try first (but keep an eye on the battery life...)

Was my answer helpful? - Like it please!
Did my answer solved your request? - Mark it as solution Smiley Happy
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com