Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

activating Android on UDS

Hi,

I am unable to activate android on UDS. I can add the users but unable toactivate on device.

please guide.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: activating Android on UDS

what is the error message? What are the steps you already done on UDS? Comm Module is accessible from the Internet via Port 443?
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
New Developer

Error on Device: Invalid username/password ( both are correct i am sure)

how can I confirm that Comm module is accessible from internet? Browsing, telnet from Comm Module or what?

I have double checked the pre requisite for UDS

please help

Forums Advisor I

[ Edited ]

open the comm module website (https) from the device browser for would be a way to test if it accessible from outsite the organisation.
You should get an 403 error.

But invalid username/passwords points to another issue.

What kind of mailserver are you connecting to with UDS?

New Developer

Mail server: MS Exchange 2010

BES 5 SP4

Forums Advisor I

Well, hopefully you don't try to activate the device against your BES 5 Smiley Wink

When you created the user in UDS, did you check AD Password or did you create an Enterprise Activation Password?
New Developer

Offcourse BES 5 is of no use for Android.

I created Enterprise Activation password.

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Assuming you got to the the username/password part of the install your device was able to talk to the communication website and a COMM log should exist.  You should see some error in that or in the CORE log which does the actual check of the username/password against the value stored in the database.

New Developer

Yes I got to the username/password part of Device app.

COMM log existed only when the device tries to be activated.

I dont see any errors or Fails message in CORE log  but following are the error messages found in COMM logs;

ERROR,"2013-02-06 11:50:58,525",6,0,"a15a4711-67b8-4cfe-a886-97b007797fad","BaseClient.GetResource error.
 uriTemplate: dm/tenant?filter=%7b%27all-eq%27%3a%5b%7bid%3a%272%27%7d%5d%7d&select=%5b%27licensing.limit.expiry%27%5d
 filter: ",
,Type: System.Net.WebException
,Message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

and

ERROR,"2013-02-06 11:50:58,541",6,0,"a15a4711-67b8-4cfe-a886-97b007797fad","Could not retreive license from Core: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.",
ERROR,"2013-02-06 11:50:58,587",6,0,"a15a4711-67b8-4cfe-a886-97b007797fad","BaseClient.GetResource error.
 uriTemplate: dm/auth?activation
 filter: ",
,Type: System.Net.WebException
,Message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
,Source: System

Forums Advisor I

licensing.limit.expiry

your licenses expired ^^ or you reached the max limit of your licenses.