Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: vodafone

activesync IOS question

Hi I have installed the BES 10.2 trial, slightly confused, can you only access email via the secure workspace or you can you setup activesync via the MAIL app thats part of IOS? We do not have an external exchange server, I wondered whether mail traversed through the BES service? If so what would the server address be in the MAIL profile setup on IOS?

Many thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: activesync IOS question

Hi,

You need a secure workspace license to use the feature whereby iOS/Android data flow passes over port 3101. With the regular license, you can still use the regular MDM features and setup ActiveSync access. Obviously in this scenario your CAS servers would need to be accessible from the internet ideally using a reverse proxy in your DMZ.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi thanks for the quick response, I have a Gold Secure Work Space license, does this mean I can use the MAIL app to rather than the 'work connect' app? If so what would the server address be for the mail profile?

Cheers

Highlighted
BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The only way to use the native iOS mail application is to not utilize Secure Work Space.  If you activate with the MDM Controls activation type then UDS will just be pushing a profile out to the device to use with the native email application.  The ActiveSync traffic will not route through BES so the server will need to be accessible to the device (either have a publicly accessible CAS or utilize a VPN).