Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

duplicates

I've seen this a few times, but not consistant.

I'll get an email - usually an out of office reply - that comes into Outlook with a yellow diamond, and you cannot see the content of the email. When you open it, it says there are two items and you can select one or both. It turns out that it both are the same email.

This only started happening after we installed the BES 5 server.

New Contributor

Re: duplicates

the message I get says this.....

Conflicting edits have been made to the same item. To resolve this conflict, select the item in the list below you wish to keep and then choose "Keep This Item", or choose "Keep All" to preserve all the versions.

Then I see two messages with the same date and time. If I choose keep all, I get two of the same item. Or I can choose which one to keep.

Highlighted
Contributor

I have heard about this issue before, but have never been able to replicate it in any of my test networks. Nevertheless I have tried researching the issue.

From what I have read:

"I have found that disabling cached mode is a fix for some but still isn't a fix for others."

I also remember reading somewhere that RIM makes a small change to the header thus when Exchange and BES server synchronize they conflict.

Another one I have read "I have switched off delivery notification on the Outlook client and that has resolved my issue".

Sorry I couldn't give you a hard concrete answer, like I said, I have never had the issue in any of my test networks so yeah try any of the above and let us know if any help! Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

I see this all the time, and didn't really have much of a problem recreating it.

I don't really see it as much of a problem though, i just usually click through it.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks that helps.

to bbhorrigan - I agreee it's not really been much of an issue, but I like to know why and be able to give a reasonable answer.

thanks for all the responses.

Message Edited by OldmanJoe on 08-11-2009 11:35 AM
Message Edited by OldmanJoe on 08-11-2009 11:35 AM
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

I agree.

I think i'm going to try to figure it out as well, I'll post more shortly.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!