Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Sasktel

email notifications not showing up

Hi all,

I am new to the community and had a question for you all.

I have the storm 9530 and here is the version 5.0.0.419(platform 4.2.0.179) I also have the BES 5.0.1 of which I am the administrator of.  I connect to the lotus domino environment.  I just finished setting up the BES the other day and I am really new to it.

I have got everything working with it but for some reason my phone will not give me any notification when I receive an email.  The LED will not blink, phone will not vibrate or make a sound or will it show that a new message is there.  When I go into the folder the emails are there but are already showing that they are read.

All other notifications work, ie.. phone calls, sms.  the phone will vibrate and make a sound with these ones.  Also on the phone I can see the message notifications on the phone.

I have created a profile and under all the message areas I have them the same as

volume 5

count 2

play sound always

led on

vibration on

vibrate with ring tone off

I have tried pulling the battery and still the same thing happens.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: email notifications not showing up

Hi Zoobie.

I am not as well versed in this stuff as many others on the forums, but I was wondeirng what your Email Reconciliation settings are. On mine, I have On Conflicts: Mailbox wins.

Are you viewing these emails on your PC first or possibly, do you keep a mail program open on your PC? Maybe somehow your emails are being seen as read somewhere else.

You also might want to check your general options of your email. I had to change my auto open options to Never.

I hope that someone with more knowledge can give you some more insight.

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Sasktel

Re: email notifications not showing up

email reconciliation settings are as follows.

Delete on: Mailbox and Handheld

Wireless Reconcile: On

on Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

Auto open newest message after removing from device from holster: never

As for viewing the emails it won't work if I have my email opened or closed on PC.

Thanks for your response by the way.