Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

file format for "Import users from a list"

It used to be the legacyDN in the older versions of Exchange BES. Anyone knows what 5.0 expects the format of the import file to be?
New Contributor

Re: file format for "Import users from a list"

And I should add I cannot seem to get the User Administration Tool working either. Keeps giving me authentication failure.
Retired

Hello ssheikh,

I researched this ambiguity for you and found:

The System Administration guide page 233 found at the link below states

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry+Enterprise+S...

<snip> 

Import a user list

You can import a list of user accounts to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server so you can administer the user accounts.

Before you begin: Export a list of user accounts.1. In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.

2. Click Manage users.

3. Click Import users from a list.4. In the

Import users from a list section, click Browse.

5. Navigate to the .csv file that contains the user accounts that you want to import.

6. Click Import users from a list. 

</snip>

Since the option "Import users from a list" is found under "Manage users" and not under "Create users" the ambiguity is understandable from a BlackBerry Administrator's perspective.

The option in question is to "Administer a group of BlackBerry users after importing the users from a csv file"

In order to do so the guide asks that you export your selected users to a csv file (since one of your questions was what file format should be used to import user list)

*** This functionality can also be achieved by managing relevant users and adding them in a groups within the BAS console.

However for one time use, you can choose to "Click Manage users - Click Import users from a list." to manage a group of selected users (as long as you previously exported the selected user list)

We will work towards getting a knowledge base article ready to clarify this functionality. 

Thank you for flagging this.

New Developer
My Carrier: Sprint

What user fields need to be in the CSV file?  Username, Displayname, LegacyExchangeDN, SMTP?   What

Contributor

Anyone got the format for this? 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what does it look like when you export users?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

"Email Address","SRP ID","Group Names","Activation Password Operation","Activation Password","Activation Password Expiry"

copy paste the above into a file and save the file as filename.csv

Email address   = email address of the user

SRP ID = SRP ID of the BES server you want to add the user to

Group Names = OPTIONAL FIELD -- name of the group you want to add to the user

Activation password operation = activation password for the user

Activation Password expiry = the amount of time given to the user to register before the password expires

So if I wanted to add a series of users using a csv file I'd copy paste the below:

"Email Address","SRP ID","Group Names","Activation Password Operation","Activation Password","Activation Password Expiry"
"MYEMAIL@EMAIL.COM","MYSRPID","TestGroup1","specify","123456","24"

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Does anyone know how to edit the file so that you can select an EMAIL Profile and if so can you then edit the profile so that you can change the default Domain entry ?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please dont necro old threads, a lot has changed in 3 years and this thread might not be relevent with current version of BES

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V