Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: various
My Carrier: Germany

global adress list GAL on BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

we have one problem with our 35 BlackBerry Z10 users: We are a big company and we have a public folder in outlook 2010 in which ervery employee is listed with all their information such as telephone number.

So far, every employee has his own contacts but not all of our public folder. So now, when one employee calls an BlackBerry User, which hasn't this caller in his own contacts, the number isn't solved to his name.

Is there any solution, that every BlackBerry User has all this contacs out of this public folder?

A manual synchronisation of this public contacts in their own contacs isn't a solution, because we don't like manual actions and it's not user-friendly and changes per contact might be a problem.

So how do you solve this problem?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: global adress list GAL on BlackBerry Z10

I now use folder sync from codetwo, let you sync any exchange folder to anywhere

I use category of Personnel List on all my contact we sync so it wont mess up existing contacts.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: various
My Carrier: Germany

Sounds nice. But are there no ways to sync global contacts with BES 10 means? CodeTwo is really expensive: 530€ for 1 license ... 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I thought CodeTwo was expensive at first but with all of our EAS devices and Outlook Clients its not costly at all, set it and then forget it. I have Human Resourse edit the pubic folder and one change gets synced in seconds to everyone.

I never liked the GAL for that.

This is what we did.

Not the best solution but it works very well offline outlook, BB smart phones and other EAS devices

This also teaches the user how to better manage their contacts via categories.

Also we have outlook do lookups in the personell list (copy to favorites and enable address book) and not use GAL.
HR can manage it easier from a public folder too as an added bonus.

How users update:
go to contacts
View arrange by category
Delete catagory personnel list

Goto public folders/personnel list
highlight first user
press ctrl a
Drag drop into contact folder

is this easy enough?

All of our users do it this way for the last 6 years before getting CodeTwo

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V