Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

iOS Secure Browser and Corporate Proxy Server

Hello,

Has anyone had success getting the secure browser on the iOS work space to funnel through a corporate proxy server? No matter what I try, all browser traffic seems to go directly out of the BES10 server to the Internet even though I've defined an HTTP/HTTPS proxy in the UDS admin portal settings.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Re: iOS Secure Browser and Corporate Proxy Server

Exact same problem here

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Just wanted to update you that research has shown that it does not look to be possible to specify a proxy server for the iOS and Android device work browsers.  The internet path used will be the same as the server's gateway so there is a possible workaround here of pointing the gateway of the NIC to the proxy, however you would need to ensure the proxy was setup correctly to deal with non internet requests from the BES for network/domain resources.

Contributor
My Carrier: Voafone

Hi,

jusst to ensure that I got this correct:

It would be necessary to set the "defautl gateway" in the networkconnect as the company used proxy?

Best Regards

KB_Loe

New Contributor

Thanks to all for the replies. I've opened up a case with BlackBerry support. They are reviewing my BES logs.

Will post any findings.

New Contributor

See response below from BB tech support. I  guess we wait for a fix...

<<At this time, there is no method to configure Secure Work Space work browser and Secure Work Space Connect to use proxy server. The Proxy settings on in "Universal Device service administration console --> settings" is for Core Module to access the BlackBerry Infrastructure. Defect Task DT6914019 is created for fix the issue in future release of software.

The workaround we suggest is using  Secure Work Space work browser for internal site and device built-in browser for external site.>>

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am not a sales person for Proxifier Smiley Wink but I use this software here to route the 3101-Traffic to my company's SOCKS Proxy and to send all http/https-traffic to the web proxy. works like charm.

just an idea.

cheers

eKKi

Contributor
My Carrier: KPN

Now the new version is released (10.1.3), I had my hopes high on the new feature to configure a Work Space HTTP Proxy profile.

I've set a profile on manual (to support Android), entered the host, port, user and password.

Assigned the profile to the group I'm using.

When I try to open a page (several pages, that open fine on the browser in the personal space) I get the message that a connection cannot be made.

I used the same proxy settings I've set to the BlackBerry Device Services and a Q10 can browse through the proxy without issues.

Next week I will try these settings on an iphone and will get back to this post to let you know the results on that.

Contributor

I've reset the device back to factory defaults and went through the activation process again. After activating, it now asks me for credentials of the proxy, but it won't accept the credentials I supplied.

I use the same credentials on BlackBerry Device Service proxy and that works fine.
Contributor

Ok, seems to be working now. I ignored the sign in message on the proxy, until the setup of the work space was completed 100%.

It seems that before the work space is completely setup, it tries to connect to the proxy over the telecom providers network and/or wifi which is also not connected to our interal network.

I can now browse the internet through our proxy using the work browser and internet in the personal space is working as well, but without the proxy, as it is intended.

It's nice that the option is now available, but I think it needs a bit of finetuning by the BlackBerry development team.