Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

please enter a valid password

Trying to install the Core Mod & Console Svcs of Universal Device Service on Win2k8 R2.  The server is not running any other apps.

On the Accounts & Folders page, I type the password for the account I am logged into the server with

and I get the error:

Please enter a valid password

I have tried it several times and have typed it correctly, but still get the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

New Developer
My Device: Bold (9650), Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

Re: please enter a valid password

I am having the same problem, during the BDS install.

I installed it sucessfully the first time, but I couldn't get it to connect to my Active Directory correctly, so I decided to uninstall it, and try again.

This time, I joined the server to the domain first, and then started the install.  No matter what user I log into the server as, I get the same "Please enter a valid password" error on the "Accounts and folders" part of the install.

Then... I decided I would start over completely, so I reinstalled my 2008 R2 server, re-configured EVERYTHING, joined it to the domain, and tried the install again....

SAME FREAKING ERROR!!!!

Let me know if you found anything to help you.  I'm going to put in a ticket with BlackBerry Support and see what they can tell me.

I love it when things don't work the way they are supposed to, because then I get to fix them.
New Developer

I don't know if this will solve your problem or not, since I am still just going through the install... BUT... I was able to finally get past the "password" error, by disconnecting my server from the domain.

The only thing that is still bugging me... is that I did it this way last time, and I couldn't get it connected to the AD correctly, until I joined it to the domain... but it still didn't see my users correctly.

So... that might solve your problem... but I think I will still be broken, once my install is done.

I love it when things don't work the way they are supposed to, because then I get to fix them.
New Developer

OK, OK... so I really am making this thread long an useless... until now...

I received a lot of help from BlackBerry Support... THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY!

If you are receiving this error, then you are most likely not logged in as a user that has the correct domain and server access.

The user I was logged in as, had Administrator access to the server, but the domain policies did not give that same user the rights to "log on as a service".  Which is clearly stated as a requirement on pg 18 of the "BlackBerry_Device_Service-Installation_and_Configuration_Guide-1321300309897-6.0-en.pdf".  Phew!

So... Once I resolved that problem, I was not only able to get the install to complete correctly, I was also able to add my users at the console... now all I need, is to work through all of the bugs keeping me from activating my Playbook... it just never ends... Bleeding edge is draining me...