Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

the scep server returned an invalid response

Trying for days to activate an IOS device on the UDS.  During the activation process the device returns an error message -"the scep server returned an invalid response".  I have even tried activating the device with a "dummy" SCEP profile assigned to it and still nothing happens.  We are not sure why SCEP is involved in this process.  We have no values assigned in the UDS for SCEP.  Anyone else see this error?  Thanks.

Contributor

Re: the scep server returned an invalid response

Ultimately solved by re-installing everything.  One thing to note.  With the present version of Mobile Fusion do not install to any other directory except C:\.  There are issues with the software installing outside c:\

Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

The one issue I had was the same. I had no SCEP defined and did not have any form of SCEP in the environment, but yet the Certificate installation would eventually fail in the background and then SCEP was tried, this is when it eventually failed outright.

RIM's fix which worked for the first install was to apply "Everyone" to the RIM CORE UDS Certificate and Apply Read permission.

This did not work my re-installation attempt.

This install was a local server account, Comm in DMZ, Core internal.

========

What is your meaning arounf not being able to install to any other drive other than C?

Is the for Core and Comm, or one or the other separate?

What issues are you seeing?

========

Contributor

I am not sure I understand entirely what you said.  Did the read permission work or not? 

The issues I had were contained in the log mentioning .","SCEP communication error", 

Developer

Yes, it worked.

I have also just changed my Comm Service install to use local C instead of and alternate drive.

Enrollment passes correctly,installing the certificate with no problem.

With this re-install, the Read permissions for everyone is automatically assigned, now that its installed to C.

Contributor

Thanks for the help!!!

Developer

Surething, Thanks for yours.

I have just finished rebuilding both Core and Comm, installing both to see, with improved results to some degree.

The Public cert part went though no problem, prior it would just hang.

Manual import still had to be actioned with:

certutil -repairstore my"{cert thumbprint}" via cmd

Then IIS recognized it to bind to UDS Comm Web Service.

=============

Our own internal UDS install was an all in one and onto C drive, so never had these hassles.