Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Mobilkom
Accepted Solution

where to buy BB 10.1 CAL in Switzerland?

On the US Onlineshop they just sell the licenses to US and Canada (even there just 10.0 CAL's)

Does anyone know where to optain the CAL's in Switzerland? (our trial expires in 10 days Smiley Happy )

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

Re: where to buy BB 10.1 CAL in Switzerland?

Hi,

just ask your local carrier. They should be able to provide you with information.

Here in Germany you could also ask a normal software reseller. Think it´s the same in Switzerland.

I also contacted BlackBerry over the website for getting some detailed Information. They gave me a call 1 day after i send an email over the contact form on the website.

cu

New Contributor

I've contacted BB in parallel through email but as there was never a response on the past two emails i tried it also here now.

Will get in contact with Swisscom if they can nominate some reseller in Switzerland - our standard reseller doesn't have that licenses in their systems.

New Contributor

Just got a price list from a reseller but now i'm little bit confused:

the BES10 Licenses are just regular splittet into the amounts like on the US Website (as more you take, as higher the discount)

the BES10.1 License is not splittet and now on ANNUAL charge? (costs half price but every year)

Trusted Contributor

Yes.

The 10.0 permanent lics are still avaiable and must be upgraded to 10.1 if you have BES10.1

This is for people who bought allready 10.0 lics or got them via trade up of BES5 lics.

So right now it might be cheaper to buy pemanent 10.0 and upgrade them to 10.1 with no costs.

The new 10.1 lics are only avaiable as anual and have to be renewed every year. As far as i know the anual make no difference between iOS, Android an BB. You get a 1 year EMM Corporate and can use it for every device type.

There should also be an option to buy a EMM secure workspace lic instead of EMM Corporate if you want to use the secure workspace option on iOS.

The third option is EMM regulated which gives you the option to deploy a workspace only (no balance, no private space on the BB). But for this you need a special data plan from your carrier that may not be avaiable right now because some providers are still dealing with BlackBerry about the conditions.

The "old" 10.0 permanent can not be used for every device. You have to choose between BB or iOs/Android. But i don´t know what happens to them when they are upgraded to 10.1. I think they are named EMM Corporate after the upgrade but not sure if you can use them for all device types.

I´m trying to get contact information to BB Switzerland for you. If i get them i´ll let you know.

cu

Trusted Contributor

send you a PN with contact info for Switzerland.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

We are a BB and BES reseller and support company in Switzerland (in the Basel area), so if you need more information or if you have got any issues, send me a PM.