Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

wi-fi profile with ad authentication

Hey Guys,

I am working on our BES 10 installation and I want to publish a wi-fi profile. Our network uses PEAP authentication with Active Directory. So, the user needs to put in their domain credentials.

So, I indicate the necessary parameters in BAS. But, it doesn't work becuase I never get an opportunity to enter in my credentials (as an end users).

It seems that the Server doesn't allow for the user to put in their own credentials.

Does this make any sense? Do we need to add some other configuration to enable the user to put in their own credentials. Or, do I need to make a "generic" set of credentials to push to everyone?

Thanks,
Jack

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: wi-fi profile with ad authentication

Also have the same setup here.

Was only 2 solutions, neither ideal, one WiFi profile which you created a specific AD account for and you use that login/password for the WiFi profile for everybody, not ideal as no audit of who visits what etc.

Or you create a wifi profile without the username and password entered and allow user to edit credentials. Kind of pointless though as you still have to go into settings and the saved access point and enter the username and password. Might as well save time and just join the network as normal and do this.

If you find a proper solution please let me know!

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: wi-fi profile with ad authentication

Thanks,

I wound up using the feature to allow the user to modify the credentials.

I agree. It's not quite as elegant as I would like. Ideally, it would prompt the user to enter credentials and prepopulate the username (bes already knows which user it is). But, this at it least gives them the SSID (since it's hidden) and the correct encryption/authentication options.

4G capability is going to increase their expectations for what they can do from their BlackBerry, so routing some traffic through wifi is going to help us control our Verizon costs.