Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

1.How to get the preinstall/native youtube on my Bold 9900? 2. (also) problem with cookies and bb app world website

Hi,

I once accidently deleted the preinstalled/native youtube app for my bold 9900 (after downloading a few of those alertnate ones from the bb app world which I don't like, and mistakenly mistook the preinstalled/native one for one of those bb app world downloads while I was deleting them).

I connected the handset to the pc for access sync with the bb desktop software to gain access to the appilcations, but the preinstalled/native youtube app wasn't there amongst the 'applications'.

A while later an auto software update was alerted on the handset, and when all was complete the native/preinstalled youtube app suddenly appeared and was working fine. Then not soon after when I had to reboot the handset for something else, on return the youtube app had gone again.

Also the bb app world website on my handset informs me my cookies aren't enabled when they are; and thus I can't access the app world unless I install it on the device (which I won't because of the several annoying unwarranted app selling messages I used to get on a daily basis.................and thus would just like to access the site via browser not as an app). I know I could use a pc, laptop...........etc, but prefer to access the bb app world via the handset,

Please advise coz I'd be most grateful; and say thanks ahead of time for an reply.

Rgds,

Christian

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 1.How to get the preinstall/native youtube on my Bold 9900? 2. (also) problem with cookies and bb app world website

For the record, installing BlackBerry World on your device does NOT send you unwanted messages from apps; installing certain apps will send you those messages whether BlackBerry World is installed or not. 

I suggest you go ahead and get BlackBerry World on your phone then only install apps whose reviews are mostly positive (I NEVER install an app before reading the reviews...if many people are saying "spam", I don't install it).

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: 1.How to get the preinstall/native youtube on my Bold 9900? 2. (also) problem with cookies and bb app world website

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry I have to disagree with you as you'll find on the Crackberry forums that several people had the problem with unwanted (sorry yesterday I said unwarranted but meant unwanted) messages relating to bb apps world; and after several tries at various things all found that the only answer was to delete the bb apps world (so I'm not the only one). All of the apps I've downloaded were all strongly reveiewed and reccommended (basically the top rated).

But sorry to ask again but can you please help me with my initial query?:- I once accidently deleted the preinstalled/native youtube app for my bold 9900 (after downloading a few of those alertnative ones from the bb app world which I don't like, and mistakenly mistook the preinstalled/native one for one of those bb app world downloads while I was deleting them).

I connected the handset to the pc for access sync with the bb desktop software to gain access to the appilcations, but the preinstalled/native youtube app wasn't there amongst the 'applications'.

A while later an auto software update was alerted on the handset, and when all was complete the native/preinstalled youtube app suddenly appeared and was working fine. Then not soon after when I had to reboot the handset for something else, on return the youtube app had gone again.

Again please help I'd be most appreciative.

Kind Regards,

Christian