Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

(1) Recent emails suddenly deleted from Blackberry - (2) Synch tries to delete old calendar entries on computer

Two problems, no idea if they are related or not. I've had a Curve 9300 for 18 months - no major problems.

(1) Tonight it suddenly deleted all emails more than a couple f days old. It used to carry emails perhaps 3-4 weeks old. No idea why. It just suddenly happened.

(2) I've been synching using BB desktop software between device and MS Outlook 2010 for 18 months. A few months ago synching suddenly tried to delete all old calendar entries on my computer. I worked around that by putting calendar synch configuration to "2 way", "All calendar entries" with a filter set to synch start dates after 01/01/2013. That worked. But suddenly tonight it's trying to delete almost 100 (recent) calendar entries from my computer.

Any ideas, anyone? Many thanks in advance...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: (1) Recent emails suddenly deleted from Blackberry - (2) Synch tries to delete old calendar entries on computer

Hello,

Mr_Numbers_135 wrote:

(1) Tonight it suddenly deleted all emails more than a couple f days old. It used to carry emails perhaps 3-4 weeks old. No idea why. It just suddenly happened.

Here are some guidelines to use:

• KB02843What is the Low Memory Manager feature on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14320How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14213Call logs, SMS text messages, and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone

Mr_Numbers_135 wrote:

(2) I've been synching using BB desktop software between device and MS Outlook 2010 for 18 months. A few months ago synching suddenly tried to delete all old calendar entries on my computer. I worked around that by putting calendar synch configuration to "2 way", "All calendar entries" with a filter set to synch start dates after 01/01/2013. That worked. But suddenly tonight it's trying to delete almost 100 (recent) calendar entries from my computer.

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: (1) Recent emails suddenly deleted from Blackberry - (2) Synch tries to delete old calendar entries on computer

Thanks very much. The tips on freeing up more memory (section (1)) were helpful. I then tried to synch my calendar again and that seemed to work without having to bother with the steps in section (2).

Thanks again. I'm very grateful.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

You are very welcome...enjoy!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

This is getting weird, now...

I thought I had everything synching the way it should, but I've just discovered that Calendar synching still isn't working right.

Good news - it's stopped trying to delete entries on my Outlook Calendar.

Bad news - it's now trying to delete mismatched future entries on my Blackberry. If I put an entry on my Blackberry, synching tries to delete it instead of adding it to my Outlook!!!

Calendar synch is set to <Two way between your device and your computer> and <All calendar entries>

Under 'Advanced' options I've put Start date is after 2013/1/1 (so that I have some recent events still on my Blackberry). 

I've also tried putting in 'Start date is before 2015/1/1 so that my Blackberry doesn't get loaded up with New Year's Day 2016, 2017, 2018..., etc

Any thoughts??? Is this going to need an entire 'start again' after all??? Many thanks!

Hall of Famer III

I don't know. I've never experienced what you are experiencing. If you search the public KBs and find nothing useful, then I'd recommend the clean startover that I linked to earlier. Sometimes, that just cleans things up that have gone wonky.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Am glad to say that uninstalling and then reinstalling Desktop software seems to have done the trick. Rigorous testing has now taken place so we're back to normal, without having to wipe and reload the Blackberry itself!!!

Thanks again.

Hall of Famer III

I'm glad that worked...you are most welcome...enjoy!