10-27-2010 12:56 PM
I have a BB Bold 9000 which I'm taking travelling with me for 6 weeks. It's my intention to use an account I already have set-up on an old BB in my current Bold 9000 (which is unlocked). I'd be grateful if someone could confirm the following:
1) Email... is the email i receive on the BB handset dependent on the BIS accounts I have set-up which each mobile phone provider?... so when I switch SIMs my handset will automatically update the mailboxes for whatever accounts are registered on the relevant SIMs BIS account
2) BBM... list of contacts remains intact.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-27-2010 02:39 PM
If the SIM you place in the BlackBerry has a BIS account attached to that phone number, the PIN of the new device should register with that account, and your email should flow... you might need need to push the service books to the device.
You BBM contacts which are on that 9000 should remain intact as to what was already ON that 9000 device.
On your BlackBerry device, go to:
1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.
2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402
Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.
From your desktop PC: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list
3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code