Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

10 Failed attempts

Hi all,

My wife and daughter have the same phone (Blackberry Torch 9800), my daughters carrier is Telus, my wife's carrier is Virgin, my daughter's contract was up and she decided to switch to an Iphone.

My Wife's contract is still going but her Torch is in rough shape, we wanted to switch my wifes phone and carrier to my daughter phone , my daughter tried to unlock the phone with a new MEP code but it didn't work and she used up all 10 attempts

I have scoured the internet to find an app to reset the 10 attempts but have had no luck.

Is there anyway to reset the 10 attempts to get the phone and carrier switched over to my wifes acct?

thanks in advance for your help

Brian

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 10 Failed attempts

Hello Brian88135

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You should not have used all 10 attempts by entering wrong MEP codes !  Now it is hardlocked . you can refer to this thread for help :Network MEP code (0: left)

Good luck

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 10 Failed attempts

I gave up trying to get this phone to work, I gave it back to my daughter, she was the one that used up all 10 attempts, I was just trying to get that back
Thanks for your help!
Brian