Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

1000 contacts but only 67 sync to Outlook HELP!!!

I need all 1000 contacts on my Torch to go to Outlook.  How do i get all of them to move over?

New Contributor

Re: 1000 contacts but only 67 sync to Outlook HELP!!!

Clarifying-  Torch has 1000 contacts.  The sync to Outlook works fine except that onlyy 67 are being synced to Outlook. What can I do to have SYNC recognize that there are another 900+ contacts on the device that aren't being recognized.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Few things to try:

I'd first use blackberry protect to backup this information.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Next, open Desktop manager:

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/ for latest version...

From the left menu, click Organizer.
From the Synchronization Settings section, click Configure settings.
Select address book then click Advanced
Click Map Folder  From here, I'm not sure how your contacts are setup, you will have to looking at the mapping options.  If you can see how a good contact is mapped (from the 67), then you could adjust the others to match that and try a sync.

Thank you Wolf.  I did go through those steps.  When I go to advanced/map I am not able to see how or where the contacts are stored.  Puzzles like this are just tough for me to let go.  Feel like a pit bull but really want to figure this out.    A found an old post that said it is a problem with the way the computer assigns drives E: F:  G:.  The device assgins a drive for the device and another drive to the media card.  Disabling one  or then the other will make the other contacts visible.    No go on that one either.

Other suggestions?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

could be a corrupt contact, if outlook is up to date follow the below

In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device during sync

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
My Carrier: AT&T

While I am sure you have resolved this issue by now, I am responding for anyone else making this search. I had this same problem with my Torch. What I found was that I had contacts in my phone coming from 2 different gmail accounts and a yahoo account. When I tried to sync to Outlook, it would only sync addresses from list that matched my primary Outlook email account. I had to convert all the contacts on my phone to that account. If you look at the top of each contact in your phone when you open them, you will see which contact list they belong to. Any contact that doesn't belong to the same account in your Outlook will not sync.