Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

.114 went crazy on me last night! HOW TO DOWN GRADE GUIDE HERE

[ Edited ]

Last night .114 went a little crazy on my phone, so i decided to downgrade back to .109 and im posting the how to here:

forgot this step: go to your control panel>add/remove programs and delete the BB OS, not BBDM!!!!

1.  Download the OS you want to install on your storm (ive kept all of mine so i have several to choose from)

2.  Open BBDM (blackberry desktop manager)

3.  Select Application Loader.

4.  Select Update Software.

5.  Check box to reload .75 and click next.

6.  Select options.

7.  Use the onscreen selection to install the OS.

How to reinstall your previous OS:

1. download and install the beta OS to your computer.

2. open your PC's Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file, which is in XML format. If you don't delete the other vendor's file, the software won't be able to install the software on your carrier-locked device.

3. connect storm to computer

4. in the screen where you deleted the vendor.xml file, scroll to the top and you will see the loader file, double click and follow the onscreen directions!

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 03-13-2009 04:25 PM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: .114 went crazy on me last night! HOW TO DOWN GRADE GUIDE HERE

You left out one key component, first you must UNinstall any new OS versions from the PC.

On your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the newer OS.

Confirm that you have installed the older OS to your PC.

Then return to the loader.exe and run it. It will ask you if you wish to downgrade.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III

ya, i caught it right after i posted .  guess i need to re-read 3 times!!!:smileywink:

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Oh no!  Poor Jeff... I still have it on my phone (now that I managed to get the keypad to show up during calls), but it definitely isn't as stable as .109.  For those considering the upgrade, I wouldn't bother.  For those needing the downgrade, follow Jeff's instructions.

An alternative to go straight down to the operating system of choice is to uninstall any operating systems you don't want from your computer.  Install (re-install) the operating system you do want (like this, you should only have one operating system on your computer).  Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and follow Jeff's steps until you get to step 5.  Here you can simply check the box of the other OS you installed on your computer (e.g. 4.7.0.109) and then proceed again as directed in Jeff's directions.

This will save having to downgrade, then upgrade again.  The catch is that you have to uninstall any newer OSes from your computer or the downgrade to anything beyond .75 (or .76 or .78 depending on your carrier) won't work (it won't see the older version).  To do this, just go to (on your computer) Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs in XP, or Control Panel > Programs and Features in Vista.

Good luck.

(P.S. hope your phone is happier now again Jeff!)

EDIT:  Missed those other posts while writing this one.  Sorry for any duplication!

Message Edited by Krypto on 03-13-2009 01:36 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Advisor III

ya, i experience the dialpad issue last night.

and this morning, my screen looked like is was totally pixilated and scrambled.

Elite I

Mine sat and charged all night long and instead of having a full battery, it was almost dead (clearly wasn't really charging)... had to do a battery pull and let it charge for an hour this morning before leaving.  I don't think I'll be on .114 for much longer either.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Advisor III

im back on .109 and all is FINESmiley Tongue

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have not seen any of those issues with .114, I see a few people mentioning the keypad issue for which there is a fix setup for that. 

My only problem with .114 has been extreme slowness to connect to EDGE on ATT. Takes about a half hour after reboot to get a solid EDGE signal, but then it stays intact good and solid.

.112 was better IMO than .109 or .114.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III

JSanders wrote:

I have not seen any of those issues with .114, I see a few people mentioning the keypad issue for which there is a fix setup for that. 

My only problem with .114 has been extreme slowness to connect to EDGE on ATT. Takes about a half hour after reboot to get a solid EDGE signal, but then it stays intact good and solid.

.112 was better IMO than .109 or .114.

well, we weren't privy to .112 as it was never leaked

Elite I

Hmm, should I send you an email account?? Smiley Tongue  j/k of course as I know you can't, but still...

I'll let you guys know if/when I do the downgrade and the reasons for it.