Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

16Gb Memory card issue

Hi,

After reading that the bold was 16gb compatable i got a card but as Ive mentioned at some other message boards after loading my music not all my artists show up - i solved that one with a later OS but now all my music appears to be in place but when searching by artist, album all the artists show up but some don't have any music listed inside the albums even though when i search by album the music is there!

Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: 16Gb Memory card issue

Andrew_S wrote:

Hi,

After reading that the bold was 16gb compatable i got a card but as Ive mentioned at some other message boards after loading my music not all my artists show up - i solved that one with a later OS but now all my music appears to be in place but when searching by artist, album all the artists show up but some don't have any music listed inside the albums even though when i search by album the music is there!

Hi Andrew;

I am curious, are you adding the music manually using Mass Media or using the BB Media Sync?

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor

Hi,

Ive tried both methods - with the same results i am afraid

Developer

Andrew_S wrote:

Hi,

Ive tried both methods - with the same results i am afraid

Hi...

I don't have a solution but was able to overcome some of the issues with the naming, artist and art work using Jrivers media center. Once I got all my editing done in Jrivers, I reconstructed my play lists in iTunes and then sync'd using the BB sync util. It seemed to work for the problems I was having with uncatagorized music and missing album art. (tedius but it worked)

H.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor

Thats a good idea, but its not a matter of catagorisation - all the music is catagorised - the naming of the artists and the albums is correct and all there, its just when you go into the album folder there are no songs. I know they are there because when i use the albums option rather than the artist option the same albums come up with all the correct music!!!

Developer

Hi...

I had this happen also. I reloaded the entire card again after I formatted it. It seemed to work. It happened with Def Lep album I had. I couldn't figure it out so I started the process over again and cleaned the iTunes lists as well. Rebuilt the lists and loaded again.

There have been other posts on BBforums about this issue and some show that formatting the card and starting from scratch repairs this.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor

Thanks, Will gThanks, Will give it a go, how do i format the card? I cant use the itunes sync thing as it doesnt work on vista 64, which is a bit of an oversight really...
Developer

Andrew_S wrote:
Thanks, Will gThanks, Will give it a go, how do i format the card? I cant use the itunes sync thing as it doesnt work on vista 64, which is a bit of an oversight really...

Hi...

A few users have gotten Vista to work with the BB Sync using compatability mode. I am not sure if this works on Vista64.

H.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister