Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

2 Callender Mishap?

[ Edited ]

Ok so personally not a BB user. I somehow have been deemed the IT guy in our office I have set up 5 Curves and a Pearl.

No one in the office is as tech savy as I am and it seems they always manage to screw something upjust enough that it takes me half the day to find an answer.

Somehow one of the curves managed to import a work callender but associated with a personal e-mail.The person went off and got a new phone because the space bar was broken and did not ask nor tell me. When they got back to the office of course outlook is now cleared because the synch erased anything no longer associated with the work e-mail. Everything in the BB is now associated with the personal e-mail instead of the work e-mail.

So if you are still following me. 2 e-mail accounts on the BB, 2 callenders, work callender is now associated with personal e-mail, outlook cleared of all apointments, Outlook is only for work.

If anyone can please help me I am at my wits end.

8330 Sprint Curve, 4.3 Desktop Software, Vista 32 bit, Office 2007.

Message Edited by Outinthedark on 10-07-2008 02:39 PM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 2 Callender Mishap?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

See what you get for not being a BB guy Smiley Happy

Okay, the user who got the new phone is now wanting their calendar information back?

And the same user's PC Outlook work calendar is deleted?

Did I get you right?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I set up 5 of these things. I now know the Curve like the back of my hand. I don't have one so I don't use one but it never takes me long to find an answer. Outlook however is not my forté. Setting these things up is fine and dandy until they go off and destroy what I set up.

However this one user consistantly has issues from as small as "where's my text messages?" to "Where did my callender go?". Really starting to get irritated with her degrated condesending tone and it seems there is no real solution at least from Sprint there is none. So if you have an answer I would love it.

You got it right Work callender is now gone from Outlook. Callender still resides on the phone except associated with personal email. I'm sure this happened when she allowed Sprint to "synch" her new phone. She did not and I'm sure can not explain further than that.

Sorry just a little bleh...I like my candybar phone...it makes calls recieves them and occasionally plays sudoku...I don't know how you guys live with your e-mail stitched to your side.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

it's quite the contrary. My life is stitched to my email flow.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

If I were you I'd try and install the Desktop Manager on the PC of that user and configure the synchronization to outlook ; that will enable you to override Sprint's config.

Bifocals is the expert about synchronization.

Other question : I think you'd better post that snc question on the relevant board, that is : "Blackberry Device Software"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First and foremost, backup the device! It's your only copy of the work calandar.

Be right back with Vista requiements.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-17-2008 10:04 AM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I

Here is what you need to do.

Use this procedure to cleanly uninstall the DM you have loaded:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Go to here and download Desptop software 4.2.2 without Media manager;

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Cold boot the PC after de-install and :

Install with these Vista condierations:

1. Right-Click on Command Prompt in Start Menu and choose Run as Administrator
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector by typing: c:\> cd program files\research in motion\blackberry\is71 connectors\ms outlook connector

3. Then type in the command prompt, type: regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil

4. If the registration is successful, the following message displays:
DllRegisterSErver in msoutlookconnector.fil succeeded.
5. Close and open Blackberry Desktop Manager to perform the synchronization process again and Outlook will be in the list...

If you receive the error message DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005 - you do not have admin rights. So, it's important that you run command prompt as admin. 

http://sampath.wordpress.com/2008/03/04/installing-blackberry-desktop-software-on-vista/

Backup the .pst on OUTLOOK. set sync one was from BB to outlook. Just the calendar nothing else.

Let me know.

Thanks

Highlighted
Guru I

Here is a good utility, that will allow you to get the ipd calendar backup from the device to Outlook

http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

Thanks,

New Contributor

Hi, guess what? I'm kinda one of those users, too. Only I am pretty tech-saavy, I just sometimes step in a little pile of goo & get stuck... this week's goo is that I went from WinMob to BB without knowing of the capability of Multiple Calendars. Yikes. Smiley Wink

I did the same thing in a way, but my specs are different. Is the solution still the same.

And I guess I should recap... Had a full calendar & address book in Outlook (from final sync of WinMob device). First full sync from desktop to device went beautifully. Then set up personal email, which (WHOA!) took my whole "work" calendar & sync'd it to my "personal" account. Thinking I had duplications, I deleted the Outlook entries, sync'd and then attempted an overwrite from BB to Desktop. No love, obviously... I just ended up with single entries on the BB and nothing in Outlook.

My guess is I need to merge the personal (full) with the work (empty), but I don't know how.

Device: 8330 Curve (new last Thursday)

Desktop: WinXP Prof 2002, SP3

PC: HP dx2000MT Pent4 1.49GB RAM

New Contributor

A little update to my issue: I applied different colors so I could clearly differentiate b/t the 2 calendars. I've just come to the realization that in my trying different things Fri afternoon, what I ACTUALLY have now is three calendars...

PINK: the original personal calendar (one of my efforts was to delete "@abc.net" and try again)

BLUE: the current personal calendar (I know this because I added something last night to my calendar)

GREEN: the current Desktop calendar (I know this because of a last minute sync on Fri afternoon)

Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone? Oh where, oh where can he be?  Smiley Sad