Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

2 Issues with Curve -- Camera and Application Connectivity

I'm having 2 issues with my Curve 8300.  I tried upgrading the SW to 4.5 but it didn't help.  Any ideas?

- The camera is no longer working.  When I try taking pictures, it saves a JPG file but the file to the assigned folder but the file is smaller than it should be (usually ~6KB) and it doesn't render as an image.

- I'm trying to use an application (the NYT Crossword Puzzle) but it gives me the error message "Unable to connect to the server.  Please try again later.", even though I do have connectivity for e-mail and web browsing.  I tried adjusting the application permissions in advanced settings but it didn't help.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 2 Issues with Curve -- Camera and Application Connectivity

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

As far as the camera I would try the following:

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.

Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed, Thanks 

If that doesn't work I would suspect a low memory condition please read this link:

I do not have a definitive answer for the cross word. app. Could it be possible to test it off hours, to see if the servers at the NYT are in

fact busy?

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-07-2008 06:47 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter