Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

tms
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

2 Registration Messages in new Bold???

Hi,

Do I have an old Bold?

I just got my Bold 9000 today, brand new I hope. First thing I realize is that I have 2 messages, then go check it out and it turns out to be 2 "registration" messages: one from Nov/2008 and another one from today. The messages read "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network". I then pulledout my battery out and put it back in, then I got a 3rd registration message and a 2nd one from today.

What does it mean? Does RIM do anything with it? Should I suspect I received a used Bold (though looks like brand new)?

Can someone confirm if you had the same thing (or not) in your phone? 

Thanks in advance.

TMS.

tms
New Contributor

Re: 2 Registration Messages in new Bold???

Please guys... anyone can help?

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Hello and welcome to the boards

They are nothing to worry about. You receive those messages once your device is registered with your carrier's network. You should only get those when you first turn your radio on, or if the device is wiped, or the OS reloaded. You can also manually reregister the device by going to Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. From there you can hit the menu button and choose Register Now. I've also seen them come to devices in there's an outage and service gets restored.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
tms
New Contributor

Thanks a lot!!!