Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

2 email q's

Hello forum I have 2 email q's the first hopefully is simple. If I read an email on my PC before I open it on my BB should the BB update the message as read and vise versa? Or do I need to open the mail on both clients to show message as read?

and the second what the heck is this?? 

Message from BB 

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
[three lines of alpha numeric- redacted in case there is personal info coded in them]

I got this message twice.

Thanks for the help! 
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 2 email q's

For First Q - 

What type of email system  you're using? Please specify.

For Second Q - 

If installed desktop manager with integration option with 'Blackberry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector' then this could happen. If either the Email Settings or Redirector Settings icon is displayed, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager or modify the configuration of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to support the BlackBerry Internet Service.

In your PC Go to Control Panel -> Click Add/remove programs -> select Blackberry Desktop Manager -> click Change/Remove -> click modify -> then instead of selecting the checkbox for Enterprise Server/Redirector select the checkbox next to Blackberry Internet Service.

This should solve the problem.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

For your first question, if you are receiving your emails wirelessly on your BB, please review this article concerning how they will reconcile -- it varies by email service provider:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133&slic...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks to both responders. I hope that the redirector was affecting the updating of read/deleted items. 
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are welcome.

BTW -- if you are using BIS or BES to manage your email OTA, then do not use the redirector...you will wind up with all kinds of odd things...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yeah I think that was what was going on. I reinstalled and did not add redirector, (choosing the internet email option) will the system correct itself now?
Hall of Famer III

It should for anything from here on out, but it will not (I think) resolve any problems that already exist. If you have duplicates or other odd things, you'll have to remove them manually I think.