Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Gem
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

2 problems

ok, first problem is that i've been trying to download an application from http://go.travelchannel.com. when i go to download it, it recognizes my 8320.  once it's installed and running, i can't sign in or use anything on it. all i get is a screen that says "error. sorry- network interruption. try again. if it persists, you might need to exit and check your connection, then restart." i've tried deleting it and reinstalling it and that hasn't worked. my network connection is fine because i'm able to run my yahoo go application. i emailed travelchannel for feedback and they haven't gotten back to me. just wondering if anybody can help me with this.

second problem is that i put a video from my digital camera to my sd card but it doesn't play on my phone. i press play, it says loading and that's about it. any suggestions?

thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 2 problems

Hi Gem,

Regarding your video from your digital camera, it depends what format the file is in.

Here is a great post from Xandrex on what is supported: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=5140#M5140

As regards your problem loading, are you trying to load it OTA (over the air) or are you saving a file to the PC and using the Desktop software (Blackberry) to load it? I don't have time to check the link to the app right now, but maybe I can test it later.

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Gem
Contributor

hi bifocals,

i got the videos working on my phone so thank you!

i tried going through the desktop software to load the application but i wasn't exactly sure what to do because i can't really download it on the computer. if you could look at it, i'd really appreciate it. thanks again!

Guru I

[ Edited ]

The link you game me has only the OTA (over the air) installs. This means you must install from your browser on the blackberry. I will try it now.

Okay what carrier are you on, I clicked to install but the site says I have verizon. It says I already have the link. Must be in the verizon stuff I got rid of.

Let me know your carrier please !

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-05-2008 07:49 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-05-2008 07:51 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Gem
Contributor

i have tmobile.  yea, when i went to the link on my computer, it took me straight to the application.
Guru I

I think that means we can use the service without installing an app. I don't have any logins for the site, but can you login, and get what you need?

Let me know,

Gem
Contributor

well when i go to the website and click on my carrier, it prompts me to the download. i do have a login so once it's downloaded i try to login but i get that error message.
Guru I

Is this a free service? if so I'll go login and try

Let me know!

Gem
Contributor

yup, it's free
Guru I

Sorry Gem!

I got in changed my location and couldn't find either a download link or a login.

Wish I could have helped more!

Let me know if you want to try something else