Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tigo SV

2-way e-mail IMAP synchronization

Hi,

I've recently got a BlackBerry Bold 9780, I am used to have smartphones with my company email all the time, changes I do in my desktop/server I want them in my smartphone and viceversa, we don't use M$ Outlook in the company, we have IMAP accounts.

This is, maybe, the most basic feature of a smartphone but until now it seems that BlackBerry just has a 1-way email synchronization, changes that you do in your desktop/server do not reflect in your BlackBerry, if this is true the only thing I will miss wil be the BB messenger.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 2-way e-mail IMAP synchronization

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

All reconciliation between the BB and the email server is governed by this KB:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tigo SV

Re: 2-way e-mail IMAP synchronization

sdgardne, thank you for your reply, I will follow the article and I'll let you know my comments.