Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

2G only option missing after upgrade to OS 7.1 bundle 2061.

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

After the latest upgrade to OS 7.1 bundle 2061 the 2G only option is no longer available. I have done some reading and see that I need to downgrade to the previous bundle, but I do not have the options on my Bold 9900 as described by most of these support forums. Thus being:

1.  On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
  2.  Click Device > Software Updates.
    • If you recently updated your BlackBerry Device Software, to return to the previous software version, press the Menu key > View Result > Downgrade.
    • To downgrade to an earlier software version, scroll to a software version that the Wireless Downgrade icon appears beside. Click Perform Downgrade. Follow the instructions on the screen

I do not have the View Result option. Only Help, Close and Switch Application.

Please help me out here, I'm on the road most of the day and 3G is hectic on battery life. Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 2G only option missing after upgrade to OS 7.1 bundle 2061.

Hi anitavh

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The method in which you're trying to downgrade ( Over the Air ) your device OS depends on your Carrier,Your Carrier must allow that. If you are unable to do that in that manner then you can try manual downgrade  to a lower bundle which you're using earlier to get back that 2G option on Manage Connection.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN - South Africa

Also need to downgrade from bundle 2061, because of the 2G option that's missing!! Can't seem to downgrade using the methods above (same as you). Any luck finding a solution??
New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN

I managed to downgrade using the BlackBerry Desktop software.
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi All, how I managed to downgrade is the following if the Blackberry Desktop Software does not give you the option:

1. be sure to do a full backup before just in case, and disconnect from the USB cable

2. load the applicable version on the computer

3. remove the device battery

4. start BB Desktop and reconnect teh device with teh battery still out. It will say something about software re-installation.

NB: It will take some time to detect the phone so just be patient...

good luck!

BTW..why i actually found this post...even after downgrading to 2061 i still don't have the 2G option on my phone...my other 9900 does, and they were both on 2061 when i got them. Any other advice?