Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

2nd phone same problem

My wifes BB Curve 8330 Verizon at least twice a week has this problem. When she gets a call the person calling her can hear her but she cannot hear them. This happens randomly a couple of times a week. It does not make a difference if the call comes from a land line or cell phone. She can still get and send email and text meesages but she cannot hear them. After she does a reboot the phone works. This is the 2nd phone it is doing it on. Any one have any idea what could be causing this. I don't think it could be 2 different phones with the same problem.

Thanks,
Leo

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 2nd phone same problem

Hi and welcome to the forums,

two pnoes arre not a coincidece, and it would have nothing to do with the BB. I would almost bet that ht sin card is bad, and when they changed phones, the resused the sim in the second phone/ I would request a phone directly fron RIM nort in Verion stockl Also make sure they give you a new siml,

Thanks

If you need further assitance please ask! If not:

Please resolve the post using the green kudo's box. Simply check the post that had

your answer in it. Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

There is no Simm in this phone Verizon doesn't use them only a Micro SD

New Contributor

Thanks for all your help. I have done the *228 and pulled the battery several times a week and still the problem exists. What troubles me is that it happened on two different phones which leads me to believe it is a chip releated issue. I have my own Curve and have never had the issue my wife's curve has. Same OS, same Carrier. The only difference is her ring tones and alerts for emails and text messages. Could that be the issue. Is it possible that one of them is corrupt somehow.

Leo
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

That's just not fair!

If you need further assistance please ask! If not:

Please resolve the post using the green kudos’ box.. Simply check the post that had ,

your answer in it. Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter