Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

3 easy steps to ugrade OS equals FAIL

Having problems trying to upgrade my OS to version 6 per the message sent to my blackberry.

I've followed the instructions several times and the same problem keeps occuring.

I get to the updates page on my Curve and can see the link button I have to click on to start downloading the new OS. The problem I can't click on the button until I zoom in on it. When I do however, the picture of the six blackberry's that was just to the right of the link now covers the link entirely, preventing me from being able to click on it. I've tried zooming in and out, changing the view to columns, etc. but the image still continues to overlap the download button preventing me from being able to download to new OS.

Any help solving this problem is greatly appreaciated! Thanks!

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 3 easy steps to ugrade OS equals FAIL

Don't upgrade your BlackBerry via this over the air on-device upgrade. Not a good idea, I don't care if BlackBerry recommends it.

1. Connect to your PC and run the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  2. IF you are notified of an upgrade, DON'T do it. Cancel it.
  3. Instead, run a full backup of your device.
  4. Then, return and perform the upgrade via the Desktop Software.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code