Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Classic, and Q10 and 2 x 9720s
My Carrier: Vodafone

3 faulty BB9900 in 6 months!

I was so excited about getting the new BB9900 but the first one went faulty within a couple of months - screen kept freezing, and ghosting of screens, oh and the battery overheating. 2nd phone arrived and within a few weeks the BB button stopped working - only when using email (which is rather the whole point of a BB) still had ghosting and overheating but that seems to be a "feature" of the phone. Now my 3 one has died - completely - no sign of life - tried buying a new battery (because Vodafone were closed over Easter so no phone for 6 days so far) but its dead as a dodo so I have lost all my data - I cant transfer or back up because there is no life whatsoever.

I am sure you can guess I am really excited about waiting at home tomorrow for my 4th BB9900 and wondering how long this one will last.......

Such a shame I have loved BB for 10 years from my first little blue black and white one with the scroll button on the side through 3 curves and 2 bold models. I love them and generally buy a new one each year (I always have 2 on the go one for each business)  but this time guys you have let me down.I really dont want to but I am now looking at anroid and iphones and I dont want to - I want a BB which works - one that is to your normall standards of quality and battery life.

This is the reason why you are losing consumer market share - and if you dont listen to people like me it will fall further still.

BB Addict