Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Re: 3G Curve 9300 Battery drain

I deleted Blackberry Messenger as I don't use it and it drains the battery.  However, I upgraded to 6.0.0 system software and it re-installed BM:  now, the option to remove BM seems to have gone from the menu.  Please can anyone tell me how to remove BM from the latest system software?

Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

BM is not the reason why ur battery gets drained.  Try going back to the OS which was originall installed when you purchased the cell.

Contributor

But I would still like to know how to delete BBM with the new OS - does anyone know how to do that?

Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Copying from an earlier post in this forum, it may help:-

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Tour/How-to-delete-Blackberry-Messenger/td-p/82061...

BlackBerry Messenger is considered a core application which is why you're unable to delete it.  It does take up some space (just over 2 MB), but it's not that much.  After a battery pull, how much application memory are you left with?  On the Tour, so long as you have between 20-30 MB, you will have more than enough.  If you are below 10MB, that's a sign that you probably have a few too many apps installed.

There are ways to remove BlackBerry Messenger, but they take some work.  Here is one set of steps to try.

Try downloading BlackBerry Messenger again from the following address on your phone: http://www.blackberry.com/messenger.

Once it is installed, reboot your device.  With the device on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert and wait for it to reboot.

Once the device has rebooted, go to Options > Applications > Add-on.  BlackBerry Messenger should now be installed there, allowing you to delete it.

Contributor

Thanks.  Maybe I should leave it and see if there is a problem!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo

After trying a new battery out and not having the battery drain issue resolved, I reset to factory settings and everything was great - phone was working properly for a total of about 18 hours...yippee! yay and now I'm back to the same bullcrap with the f-ing battery drain again. I really don't have time for this - even to get to a Kiosk is difficult. I would never recommend this phone, in fact the opposite - I'd tell anyone who asks to go with an I-Phone.!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: 3G Curve 9300 Battery drain FIX

Back in February I wrote about battery drain issue - very frustrating and a lot of time wasted...including being given a new battery, trying various BB phone fixes, getting a new phone that had the same issue!!! 

The issue was finally resolved by changing a setting on the phone...at least it worked for me.

Go to:

Options

Device

Storage/Change media card settings

Uncheck "Enable Compression"

That one setting seemed to fix the problem. Haven't had battery issues in over 6 months now.

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Close apps with the close option not escape button, secondly turn ur brightness down and clean memory once a day. that will provide better result. hope so Smiley Happy