Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

3G Curve 9300 Battery drain

Can anybody help me here pls...

I purchased my 9300 in Feb 2011 and till last week , the battery charged stayed for two and a half to three days on an average. Suddenly from last Sunday, the battery is is going dead in 5 to 6 hrs time. Why is this and is there any thing I can do to stop this pls... Blue tooth, wi fi are all switched off.

Pls help 

New Contributor
My Carrier: globe telecom

Re: 3G Curve 9300 Battery drain

hey brah,

Maybe you overcharge your bat pretty often. Check your battery if its bloated, then, you have a problem. purchase a new set of bat instead. I hope this could help you with yer problem dude.

Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Exactly the same happened to mine.  I took it back to the retailer and Blackberry replaced the handset.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Aaahhh, again the battery drain issue.  With my 3G 9330 I had to get rid of BBMessenger to solve the battery drain issues.  If you don't use BBM, go to App World/My World and download and install BBM...  THEN uninstall it.  You may have to go through the process a second time to get rid of it completely but worth it in the end (assuming you don't use BBM).

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: orange

exactly the same as me I bought in Feb and have had a new battrey and new phone and its still an issue!

What software version are you using?

Does deleting BBM work as suggested below?

Regular Contributor

I'm using 6.0.x.x whatever version it is now. Deleting BBM COMPLETELY solved my battery drain issues. The battery doesn't last days like my old cell phones BUT I didn't do the majority of email on my old phone either. Battery life is MUCH improved without BBM on the phone. Remember, if it's on the phone it's running, you can't "turn off" BBM.
Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Well my battery seems to be ok and looks like a hardware issue. I am giving my fone to the local service station, even though am not very happy about it.

New Contributor

I managed to delete BBM and the battery is now worse than ever.

Yesterday I had the phone switched off to save the battery and it drained as much anyway lasting less than 9 hours

any other ideas?  Orange have been useless and dont appear interested 

Regular Contributor

I'm thinking that if the phone is only 8 months old it's time to take it back for a replacement.....
New Contributor

Its less than 4 weeks old mate, they replaced the battery at first which had no affect, they then thought it must be the phone so replaced that and after a few days it was as bad as ever, today it only lasted for 6hrs, a colleague with the same phone on a different networks has lasted 3 days with miles more use than mine