Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: orange

Re: 3G Curve 9300 Battery drain

I changed to version 5.0 from 6.0 and it sorted the problem

However Facebook and a number of other apps wouldnt work on the older version

I dont understand why no one can solve this issue, its obviously a common problem, our phones all worked perfectly until recently.

We are paying a lot of money for the services and shouldn't have to delete apps, I would hate to have to rely on my device for business use

Is there a contact number for Blackberry Uk as Orange see unable to help me

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

I think that's the reason, because i changed to ver 6.0 and i can see the problem again.

How do u change the ver back to 5, i need to do that pls

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: orange

you need to do it via the Blackberry desktop.

version 6.0 should be no problem for our model, going back to version 5.0 will make your phone look and feel very dated.

This problem needs sorting I can't beleive there isnt a single solution 1000's of people must be suffering like us

Have you downloaded a battery saver app?  This may have helped my situation sightly

Contributor

I don't think a slight help is going to go a long way here. We need a good solution.

Can you pls explain how to go back to v5 via desktop. My desktop is now v 6.0. How to go back pls.

Contributor

Finally I have an answer!! My fone works alright now after downgrading to Ver5.0. Again I checked installing v 6.0, but the problem starts again.

True, Ver 6.0 is much better than Ver 5.0, but this hardware don't support that, although I have not seen a notification from BB otherwise.

Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

It is about three months since my phone was replaced after I had this problem.  I immediately upgraded the v5 software to v6 and I haven't had any problems with the new phone.  So I'm not sure it's that simple.

Contributor

Yeah, What I understood is, if your 9300 came with V6.0 while purchasing, then its fine. But if you got the one with v5.0 and upgraded to V6.0 later, it may have problems later. Its confusing, but I upgraded to V6 and used it for 5 to 6 months without an issue. Then suddenly it started giving problems, now its ok after downgrading to 5.0. I don't see a platform where I can ask these questions to BB. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo

I am having the same problem.

Just bought my Curve in September 2011.

Had no problems up until the past week. Battery use to last 3-4 days. Now I can't go any longer than 8 hours! What happened? and what can I do about it?

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

This sucks!! Blackberry has a problem.  I downloaded the software upgrade last Thursday and the phone has gone crazy. I also have battery drain. It seems Blackberry has a problem. They better fix it soon or they are going to lose more customers to the competition.

I have had software issues for the last 6 months.  My phone is now a paper weight. I know the fix- an IPhone or Droid!

Contributor

Try upgrading to 6.0.0.526(2342), platform 6.6.0.195

This is stable for me for a while now, the battery stays for 3 days on an average.

But make sure you download this s/w only from your service provider. The best thing to do is check the desktop software. It will prompt you for an upgrade if available.

Good luck!!Smiley Wink