Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c
My Carrier: Idea

3G plans on Indian carriers@ Andhra Pradesh, India

Can anyone help me out using 3G service in BB torch?

I am using BIS service and I want to use 3G plans along with it. Can i use like that with indian carriers? like subscribing to BIS and availing 500mb or 100mb 3G data packs ....

in my city airtel and idea are providing the 3G plans.

Ur advice is helpful. Thanks in advance

urskruz

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 3G plans on Indian carriers@ Andhra Pradesh, India

Hello kruz_k

kruz_k wrote:

I am using BIS service and I want to use 3G plans along with it. Can i use like that with indian carriers? like subscribing to BIS and availing 500mb or 100mb 3G data packs ....

Your Carrier Vodafone India has already got some Data Plans for legacy BlackBerry Smartphones , those 3G or normal data plan  that Airtel and Idea or any other are offering can be use on other devices or on BB10 devices. If you already have an Unlimited BIS plan then you don't have to look for such data plans.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor

But vodafone servers are going down these days, and i am unable to get full signals to browse too....

sometimes their 2Gservices are like google page pops-up after few mins. Their service is RIDICULOUS. 

I even complained over twitter and fb, no use

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Elite II

Hey kruz-k

Then you should inform and complain about there low and unsatisfactory services to any higher Incharge or Vodafone India hotline Customer care number .

Also are you using a 2G SIM or a 3G on your Torch 9860 ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor

i was unable to access network. sorry for delay.

There is no use, coz network ENGINEER came and said, no chance for signals at my place., as of vodafone.

i am using 2G, coz INDIA is still a developing country and we don't have a 3G over here. only airtel is offering for postpaid users. What's ur opinion "prince"?

Elite II

Hey kruz_k

Sorry to hear that .. But it is the responsibility of the Carrier to make sure that they were offering those services for which an user pays , In your case you pay Vodafone monthly for BIS services and if they fails in providing such services then why should you pay them ! 

In India 3G services are well available and also if in your area Vodafone don't have much network infrastructure then switch to any other Carrier , I know almost all Indian carrier offer BIS services , switch to one which has a good Network coverage in your area . Apart from Airtel and Vodafone there are many like Idea , Aircel , Tata Docomo , BSNL , Reliance , MTN  which you can try .

Trusted Contributor

Hey Prince,

Yes, I am testing IDEA network on my curve for 24hours from now-on. I want to use Reliance but, if i take BIS service I need to pay extra of 125 bucks to use services like whatsapp, wechat and all other third party apps..What to do man???? In my city I have just airtel offering 3G services only on postpaid. Smiley Sad

Elite II

Where are you located ... In your city only Airtel provide 3G services on a post paid plan ?

I think you should use a post plan which include Unlimited BIS , so that you won't be charged extra for using any messenging apps .

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

o

Trusted Contributor

Hey prince,
Its Vijayawada, AndhraPradesh.