Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

3rd party applications and GPS

I have downloaded the MapMyRide app and it is unable to confirm my location when I try to save my workouts.  My GPS is enabled so I am not sure what else I should do to make this work.

Does my device support this app??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Corina

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: 3rd party applications and GPS

Is MapMyRide downloaded via Blackberry Appworld?

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Yes it was.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

The mere fact that you were able to download it on your phone means it should be compatible with it. Please reboot the phone by removing the bettery while the device is ON. Then go to Option > Device > Location Settings >make sure the GPS Data Source is set to Device GPS, Location Services is ON, and Location Data and Location Aiding are Enabled. Save the changes if there are any then Go back to Location Settings, press menu button and choose Refresh Location. Wait until you get the updated values on Location then exit and try the app.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter