Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

4.6 Deskto Sync Issues

I am having a lot of issues syncing with Blackberry devices with the new 4.6 software and the same issue is present with 4.5 software as well.

I work for a business that owns multiple Blackberry phones in which we develop software for those phones.  They are all out of the box retail with nothing done to the OS.  I have never had issues syncing the phones with my computers before the newest versions of the desktop software became available.

I have had this exact issue on both of my computers that I use at work so it is most likely not related to the laptops (one is IBM and one is Dell). Essentially, I can sync a device to my pc using the 4.6 software and everything works correctly (well, some applications refuse to uninsall for some reason).  Then randomly after unplugging the device and attempting another sync with the same device I can no longer sync.  I select Options and then Connection Options and I am presented with None or USB as my choices.  I can not hook up any other BB device of a different model and have it sync either.

If I kill the processes for the BB desktop software and restart it I still can not sync.  The only way I can get phones to sync again using the 4.5/4.6 software is by rebooting.  Then I get another random amount of syncs with one or multiple phones before it simply stops working again.

I can install an older version of the desktop software (4.2 or 4.3) and I have no issues with syncing at all.  However, since I am using newer phones and installing new apps I get the problem of not being able to use the desktop installer for applications because I will get the very common "no devices found" error when attempting to install (not sure why you guys have not fixed that yet for new devices...it's very annoying since your desktop software lags behind quite a bit).

I assume I am not the only person who is having this issue since I am having it on multiple computers with multiple phones.

Thank you in advance for any assistance Smiley Happy

jdr

Re: 4.6 Deskto Sync Issues

I've been having the same issues with my BB and my wifes BB on a completely different computer.  If this type of problem continues, I will never consider buying a blackberry device again.  This has been rediculous.  I've been having the same issue since version 4.2.  For some reason I keep holding on hoping that a new version will come out and fix everything.  If you google this issue, you'll see a long list of people having the same trouble.  For some reason, they can't seem to fix it.  Time is running out for me.
New Contributor

Well, I guess I am not crazy with the problem I am experiencing if somebody else has the exact same issue.

I'd also like to know is this a RIM support forum where somebody from RIM can/does assist or is this a community support forum?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums Mikemo!

Please sepcify the following.

Type of operating system, with service packs, synching to what? Outlook? what version

When switching vrsions, did you do a clean un install of the old version?

Models of phones and the Device OS on them,

Thanks

This is a user community forums, If you feel you need RIM personnel, please resolve this thread,

so other useres don't waste time on a abanded thread. And contact RIM directly.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thank you!

OS - PC:  WinXP on both and Service Pack 2 on the IBM and SP3 on the Dell

OS - Phones:  Ranges from 4.2 to 4.6.  I typically use 81xx, 83xx, 88xx and 9000 Bold and up phones but sometimes the 8700/7100 series too.  If you want real specific I have 8100, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830 and 9000 (from the UK).  I can't divulge any other phones but I think that is enough.

Sync - I mean syncing phone to computer.  Not email.  I have described this in my OP so no need to get more detailed than that Smiley Happy

Switching versions - If by clean you mean uninstalled the old version and installed the new one then yes, I did that on the IBM.  I started out with 4.6 on the new Dell and then regressed back to 4.2 desktop manager and then back up to 4.6 desktop manager.  On the IBM I have had pretty much every version of the Desktop manager installed and the only versions that gives me sync issues is 4.5 and 4.6.

Phones - Listed above

I see from your sig that this is a community forum.  Hopefully you guys can help me and if not I'll need to contact RIM.

New Contributor

I guess nobody has any ideas why this is happening?

What's the best way to get into contact with RIM regarding this issue?

Guru I

Is this a wired USB synch or a wireless sync?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Wired USB.
Highlighted
Guru I

Here is the Rim contact info:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_tab_internet

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks