Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

4.6 on Vista Business sync to 9000 is incredibly slow

My Outlook has 2177 addresses, the sync is taking over an hour each time just to do the contacts not to mention the calendar.

Also, If I cancel the sync it locks the phone and I have to remove the battery to restart it.

Should I downgrade to a prior version of desktop manager or is there something that can be done to resolve this?

Any info much appreciated

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 4.6 on Vista Business sync to 9000 is incredibly slow

In my experience, DM 4.5 'might' be faster.

Using DM 4.6, I have actually seen the sync get faster after a few uses, it doesn't make sense, but it has. 

It could just be me.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I am having the same problem on XP. Much slower than DM 4.2. This has got to be a bug or some seriously inefficieint code in the DM.

I just switched from 4.2 to 4.6 with my new Bold and sync takes minutes now instead of seconds, no change in the amount of info being synced. This is a complete letdown and failure in my opinion. Other than going back to 4.2 (or 4.3?) not sure what to do. I tried using the english-only version without the media manager. Media manager by the way is a total disaster- completely unusable on a laptop as it sucks up the CPU for hours.