11-10-2009 08:56 PM
I had no problems running Desktop with same 1 month old first tier laptop (Dell Latitude 6500) under Vista SP2 and it'sa no go with 64 bit Windows 7. I've updated BIOS and all of Dell's drivers to current releases. I see the RIM virtual serial ports COM3, 4) and don't see any application errors in event viewer.
Any help would be appreciated.
11-11-2009 02:26 AM
I wound up doing a full de-install and re-install when I updated to Win7 Ultimate x64...here is the process:
I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)
2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:
3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:
4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
5) Install DTM to your PC
6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
Hopefully that will get things going again.
Good luck and let us know!
11-11-2009 08:18 AM
Updating the phone to 5.x made it work. It did work with 4.x phone OS on another Win 7 (32 bit) system.
Now my tethering app doesn't work but that's a fight for later in the day and it's Verizon's software.