Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

5.0 UPGRADE PROBLEM - MAIL DELIVERY NO LONGER WORKS AFTER TETHERED MODEM USE

[ Edited ]

After upgrading my storm to the 5.0 OS, the mail delivery no longer works after use of the tethered modem feature.  Currently, using the direct windows connect method access since VZ access manger currently doesn't support the 5.0 OS.  

After I disconnect the tethered modem session, mail delivery stops working to the storm.  The 9530 will buzz when a new message arrives, but no message appears.   I can verify there is a new message via webmail. 

I have to pull the battery and soft reset for the mail delivery to start work again.

Major bug with this version.   Anybody else seeing this problem?

Allen

New Contributor

Re: 5.0 UPGRADE PROBLEM - MAIL DELIVERY NO LONGER WORKS AFTER TETHERED MODEM USE

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Re: 5.0 UPGRADE PROBLEM - MAIL DELIVERY NO LONGER WORKS AFTER TETHERED MODEM USE

[ Edited ]

I am having this problem too. I upgraded to 5.0 but just figured out that {word filter avoidance} if I aint getting my emails too.  Im trying a soft reset atm.

New Contributor

Anyone else out there having this issue?  I even swapped this one out for a new one at verizon and new has this problem as well.

Allen

Highlighted

Mail delivery stopped after I upgraded to 5.0.0.328 (but I didn't use the tethering function).  Every other function works.  I can even send e-mails from the phone and e-mail sent from my computer show up as sent items on the phone.  I tried rebooting, reloading the OS and pulling the battery with no success.  Verizon recommends swapping out the phone.  Somehow I don't think that will help.