Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

5.0 Upgrade on Sprint 9630

I recently upgraded to 5.0.  A number of issues have now shown up.  I contacted Sprint support and went all the way to level 3 guys and they had no idea where this stuff came from. 

First, there is a new screen icon when a headset is plugged in in the upper RIGHT hand corner next to the volume bar and the speaker icon.  It is rectangular in shape with five dots running from the upper left hand corner to the lower right hand corner.  The headphone icon is also present in the upper left hand corner next to the phone icon.

The other issue is that again with the headset plugged in, when the phone is set back into the charger base it turns the headset off and turns on the speakerphone which is not good for a business call.  The same thing happens with a bluetooth headset.

One last thing is that before you upgrade make sure you back-up EVERYTHING...  My BB IM disappeared as did all my contacts listed in the IM contact list...

Any ideas?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 5.0 Upgrade on Sprint 9630

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

For the odd icons, see this:

original.jpg

I think it's the Bass Boost.

Not sure about the other items...there may be no setting to control that.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................