Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Flipcart

503 error for facebook chat option

Can any one help me out of this 503 error for facebook chat option ??

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 503 error for facebook chat option

Hello Bighnaraj

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you sure you are in an area where you have a very strong Carrier network, are you able to browse Internet using BlackBerry browse at that time ?

If you are then you can try Clearing the FaceBook Caches and a Battery pull reboot , to do that On your Homescreen Open FaceBook application > Press the Menu Key > Options > Scroll down to Clear Cache , Clear it and then logout from facebook.

Then perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is powered ON wait for a min then reinsert it back, after reboot login to Facebook , then have a try . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telenor

Hello! I have the same problem and I also have performed the steps you have mentioned above... It worked fine but after a day, it again showed the same old error 503!
Highlighted
Elite II

waqar_aziz wrote:
Hello! I have the same problem and I also have performed the steps you have mentioned above... It worked fine but after a day, it again showed the same old error 503!

Hi waqar_aziz

Which version of Facebook application you have in your device , Is it running the most recent version ? Also are in an arrea where you have a good Carrier network , when you recieve this error in facebook application in the same time are you able to use other applications like BBM without any problem ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor

The version is latest. And I don't use BBM but other apps like viber etc work fine! As fas as network is concernd, its good.

Other FB chat apps work fine and facebook app excluding the chat option in it, works fine! :/

I used the FB app after a long time and last night I was even chatting with it but now I am having that error!!
Elite II

waqar_aziz wrote:
The version is latest. And I don't use BBM but other apps like viber etc work fine! As fas as network is concernd, its good.

Other FB chat apps work fine and facebook app excluding the chat option in it, works fine! :/

I used the FB app after a long time and last night I was even chatting with it but now I am having that error!!

Hi waqar_aziz

As you have not specifically mentioned so I assume you're having the most recent version of FaceBook for BlackBerry application . 

Are are able to browse web pages when this error appear ?

Also are you using those application over a wifi network or over your Mobile network .

Trusted Contributor

The version is latest of FB...

i am able to browse web pages with the problem.

i am using only on wifi...
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Hello,

I will try your given solution but still i will faced same problam..

on chatting page of facebook its show me loading, loading...

n refresh page and give empty online result.. 

Thanks,

Jigar